- Data Visualisation Specialist
- PT UK Football Analyst
- PT European Football Analyst
- Rugby Union Analyst – Out Of Hours
- Rugby Union Analyst – Part Time
- PT Cricket Analyst
- Cricket Analyst - Glamorgan
- Cricket Analyst - London
- Cricket Analyst - Sussex
- Cricket Analyst - Lancashire and East Midlands
- Cricket Analyst - West Midlands
- In-Ground Analyst (Lincolnshire/Yorkshire)
- In-Ground Analyst (South Coast)
- In-Ground Analyst (Newport/Bristol/Cheltenham)
Data Visualisation Specialist
Date Posted: 30 September 2014
Opta is looking to hire a Data Visualisation Specialist to enhance it's existing content capabilities and develop new methods of presenting our market-leading performance data and analytical work. The role will work on a range of Opta’s data sources, with projects across multiple departments.
Ideally, the candidate will have experience of producing clear, informative visualisations using a range of different techniques. A strong interest in and knowledge of the key sports covered by Opta is obviously preferred. The role would be based in the UK.
Please submit your CV using the upload button provided, as well as your covering letter and examples from your portfolio as a single file.
Key Skills and Attributes
- A strong understanding of data structure design.
- A good knowledge of major sports, in particular European football.
- Working understanding of Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop.
- Ability to manage work between multiple teams.
- A knowledge and understanding of corporate branding.
- Familiarity with HTML5, CSS3 and CSS animations
- An understanding of SVG
- Related graphical/UI libraries (e.g. d3js, jQuery)
- Knowledge of quantitative research methods
- R or similar statistical package
- Experience in UI design